Wednesday 3 September 2014

Week 2 Blog post

Video

Innovation from Microsoft

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7xUu3oyOnE

This 2minute video made in 2009 is a brief but effective example of what Microsoft aims to achieve by the year 2019. The repetitive theme of 'easily accessible' technology in all areas of our lives, with the clip demonstrating in particular how our work-lives will be changed by the aid of technology. This video targets all age groups, aiming to present a message of what Microsoft is aiming to achieve by the end of the next 10 years, however, with the current technology consumers are purchasing today, it almost seems like this new technological age Microsoft was hoping to achieve by 2019, has already occurred today, in 2014.

Personal Communication Tech Usage

-I've been using a variety of communication technologies ever since my parents brought the devices into my household. Since primary school, devices such as mobile phones, computers etc. have always tendered to my interests.

-I was actually influenced by many of my friends in primary school, friends who would bring their devices to school to get all the other kids jealous, as having new-age tech wasn't as common back then as it is today. A few Google searches got me more interested in what else was out there.

-Privacy has never really been an issue, I'm always aware of what I share and/or post online and always making sure the information i'm sending isn't giving away copious amounts of personal details.

-I can't say I have a friend online whom i've never met in person, I'm sure the day will come when that situation will occur due to the way Comm Tech is advancing, however I mean to stick to the traditional ways of making friends, and social media can do the rest of the work.

No comments:

Post a Comment